Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Almost time to go back to school!

I am preparing for my first day back at work on August 1st. My room is decorated and organized. I am working on a couple of books to read to my students that have vocabulary in them that I can teach them through literature. For my younger elementary school students we will be reading Arthur's Chicken Pox by Marc Brown. My older elementary school students and I will be reading Beware the Werepup by Julie Sykes. My oldest son read it and said it was a great book. I don't think that it has hit Josh that he will be starting third grade next week. Won't he be surprised! If you are a teacher, what is your favorite book to read to your students at the beginning of a new school year? If you are a parent, what book(s) are you reading to your children right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment